Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Perfect Wedding.... And A Navy Blue Dress

Aida and Alexy
Our friends. 

We so did not intend to match! 



Love this dress!

Walking 2 miles on cobble stone streets in 6" is only for the experts. Seriously. Don't try this at home. 

View of La Alhambra from Palacio de los Cordova

Entrance to el Palacio

Eddie, Miguel, father of the Bride, and me


Flowers; reception setting; Eddie and Carmen, mother of the Bride




Enjoying dinner. Taken via Instagram.


Harry and Badgley.


Last month, my beau and I booked a very last minute flight to Spain to attend a childhood friend's wedding en la costa del sol. My dad's best friend's daughter, actually. I hadn't planned on going until my awesome boyfriend made an argument something along these lines: "When are you going to be able to say you went to a wedding in Spain, in Granada, at a Palace?" We booked our tickets two days later and 10 days after that were doing this. 

And it was the most beautiful wedding I've been to. The setting was rustic, but not pretentious, set below La Alhambra. And the bride was a lovely Cuban-Spanish chica whose dress blew my mind as she pranced in Flamenco style for her new husband, a lovely French man. 

And then there was my dress. A navy blue 'convertible' dress by Jenny Yu my friend helped me find on Nordstrom's website and I had to have. With 3 days before flying out, and knowing I was going to have it altered, the kind peeps at Nordies overnighted the dress and scheduled an after-hours fitting... and I picked up the dress on the way to the airport. Totally living under pressure here. 

And it was worth it. It's the perfect dress for any occasion and can be worn in 20 or so different styles. I  literally got dressed in 30 minutes, opting for the over-the-shoulder bow. The hairdo by a local girl, the bling-y shoes, the clutch, the bangles, the earrings.... it was all perfect. 

But my best accessory: My man. He was as handsome as ever and just walking side-by-side and dancing at 2 am with him made me fall in love 30 times deeper. 

And the night ended with the most perfect kiss. 

I'm one lucky girl. A beautiful wedding and a stellar, haberdasher of a date. 

(but there's more. something really special. that's for the next post.)

*******

On him: 

Suit: Custom-made; Shirt & tie by PINK; Shoes by Harris via Barneys; Cufflinks by Burberry.

On me: 

Dress by Jenny Yu; Badgley Mischka shoes; Vintage Versace sunglasses; Banana Republic beaded clutch, stone bangles via Nordstrom; Gold hoop earrings  by IB Designs in St. Croix.

Follow the sexy fun on TWITTER FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 



5 comments:

Unknown said...

You looked awesome! and the bride dress too was amazing both!

Unknown said...

You looked awesome! and the bride dress too was amazing both!

Vanessa, De Su Mama said...

You are just too beautiful, even more so now that you are in love. Your joy is obvious and that dress looks stunning on you. Besos amiga.

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up! Love your blue dress and you know what? I wore a one-shoulder dress for my brother's wedding in the evening too! That will be for next week's Fashion Friday so do drop by next week too! And Granada is beautiful, isn't it?

Unknown said...

You looked beautiful, such a pretty dress!!! You and your beau make a great couple!!!!



Carsedra McKoy:
www.embracingtherealme.com
http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena